Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, November 24, 2019

Cast of "Tenchi Muyo!" -- Jingle Bells


Heard plenty about the anime franchise "Tenchi Muyo!"(天地無用!)but never saw it, although an old university classmate tended to wear a T-shirt with the picture of the characters emblazoned on it.

Still, early this year, I encountered this fun and jazzy (and initially acapella) version of the evergreen "Jingle Bells" as performed by the cast of this anime. I kept it ready for just the right occasion, and seeing that we're now a month away from Xmas Eve, I figured it was time to start up the annual "Kayo Kyoku Plus" series of Xmas tunes with this one.

Did a bit of digging and found out that it was a track on "Tenchi Muyo! Ryo Ohki no Christmas Album"(天地無用! 魎皇鬼のクリスマス...Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki's Christmas)from November 1993. From one site, I even managed to find out all of the seiyuu names behind this party version of "Jingle Bells": Masami Kikuchi(菊池正美), Yuko Kobayashi(小林優子), Etsuko Kozakura(小桜エツ子), Yuko Mizutani(水谷優子), Ai Orikasa(折笠愛), Yumi Takada(高田由美)and Chisa Yokoyama(横山智佐).

Have a Merry Anime Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff! I think this was the first anime series I ever got on DVD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you again, Ragnar!

      From what I hear, you made a good choice there.

      Yep, I'm gonna have to address that Jingle Bells Padoru Padoru thing sometime soon, too.

      Delete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.