Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, June 3, 2022

Sing Like Talking -- Find It (In Your Heart) ~ Shoka no Inshou(初夏の印象)

 

Following that miraculous discovery of "Discovery", Sing Like Talking's August 1995 album, I began looking for other SLT albums since I realized that Chikuzen Sato(佐藤竹善), Chiaki Fujita(藤田千章)and Tomohiko Nishimura(西村智彦)were more than capable in making some truly catchy and refined smooth music.

Although it was through SLT's first BEST album "Reunion" (December 1992) that I got to know the track "Find It (In Your Heart) ~ Shoka no Inshou" (Impression of an Early Summer), the song was not only the trio's 5th single from April 1990 but it was also originally on their 3rd album, logically titled "III" which was released on the same day as the single. This YouTube video is actually the live version of the song as performed on a radio program, but it's still a good take.

Strangely enough, though, as I remember, "Find It" didn't hit me as a hit when I first heard it. It took a little while but I gradually got to appreciate it for that 1980s West Coast AOR sound despite its 1990 release. It was written and composed by both Sato and Fujita, and I guess that maybe it was because it sounded so wild when compared to the different and interesting arrangements on "Discovery" some years later that I'd initially not been all that impressed. But that's the learning process for you, and I'm glad that I've been able to glean a lot more appreciation in the years since.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.