Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, March 17, 2023

Ginji Ito -- Cherry Night

 

Not sure what's being intimated by the title "Cherry Night" but I'm half-expecting that it doesn't have anything to do with a special at a restaurant for a certain fruit. It could be more like some fellow scoring big, if you know what I mean.😏

Anyways, "Cherry Night" happens to be the lead track on singer-songwriter Ginji Ito's(伊藤銀次)"Get Happy" from July 1986. I still haven't gotten an overall handle on Ito's music in the 1980s but so far, my impression is that it's got some of that urbanism but it's not totally on the mainstream. There are also some appealing tangents. And I get that same feeling for "Cherry Night" which has got some quick and boppy synthesizers and percussion underpinning Ito's melody line of keyboards and swift horns. It certainly has had me swaying side to side in my chair. Good ol' Jake H. Concepcion is back on the sax while Youta Yumeno(夢野よう太)handled the lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.