Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, March 27, 2023

Orquesta De La Luz -- El Me Ama, Yo Le Amo

 

When it's so dreary outside, it's wonderful when I hear a song that just sparks off all that ASMR. 

And yup, I am talking about the splendid salsa band from Japan, Orquesta De La Luz. From hearing their material and seeing them perform with their joie de vivre, the well-named Orchestra of the Light got me to buy their 2nd album "Salsa No Tiene Frontera" from 1991. And from that album, I present to you "El Me Ama, Yo Le Amo" (He Loves Me, I Love Him).

Beginning with something that sounds like 1990s City Pop balladry, there is no doubt that Orquesta De La Luz will go into their familiar dance-triggering (or at least shoulder-shimmying in my seat) salsa rhythms. It's been such a long time since I've heard this one that getting my aural reunion brought me back to first-time listening status. By the way, "Salsa No Tiene Frontera" also has a track that I first wrote about in the very early days of the blog, "Watashi wa Piano" (私はピアノ).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.