Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Nash Music Library -- Positive Switch(ポジティブ スイッチ)

 

Well, the good folks at "Weathernews Live" are still forecasting and laughing away. I guess that the biggest gag for 2022 at their headquarters in Chiba Prefecture was forecaster Rinon Oshima(大島璃音)calling one of the veteran meteorologists a pill bug by accident. I'm just glad that the latter has a good sense of humour.

It was because of "Weathernews Live" that I discovered the joys of background music master Nash Music Library last year, and I've been happy to cover some of their music since then. Though the Japanese weather channel has used a lot of NML's swinging music, it feels as if they haven't even scratched the surface of the hundreds or thousands of short ditties that have been created over the years.

One wonderful tune that I've unearthed is "Positive Switch". And I'm so glad that this one has a proper title instead of that SC prefix with four-digit number that have been attached to some of the other entries. "Positive Switch" is positively melodic orange juice that apparently came out in 2012 as part of the collection known as "Oshare Piano"(おしゃれピアノ...Stylish Piano), and the piano indeed sounds very stylish. The Burt Bacharach arrangement hit me immediately as something obviously very catchy to the ears

2 comments:

  1. I like looking up music of many kinds and this place is such a treasure trove of discovery for me. I'm able to click on one article and just fall down a rabbit hole for days due to the information given. I have never heard of NASH since I've only recently starting appreciating the nuisances of music before today so seeing this piece I went out and searched for many of the works produced by them. I'm always a sucker for befitting background music so now I have plethora of music to listen to that I wouldn't know about thanks to this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there. Glad that I was able to provide the connection to Nash Music Library. It is a considerably large rabbit hole to explore.

      Delete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.