Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, March 25, 2023

Gosanke Imagined: "Sounds of Japan" Sannin Musume

www.goodfreephotos.com
 

My earlier article on "Rain Songs" made me realize that this week's Gosanke Imagined can also square upon one of my other first sources for kayo other than "The Best 10". This was the more local and weekly "Sounds of Japan" broadcasts on CHIN-FM here in Toronto where I was able to receive music from Japanese singers who weren't within enka, aidoru or technopop. The radio show gave me my first indications that Japanese music could get into pop and other realms.

Strangely enough, my "Rain Songs" already took out the first two tunes that I had ever heard on that show. However, Iruka(イルカ)and Junko Yagami(八神純子)would come on board over and over again thanks to the DJs on "Sounds of Japan". The program was also where I first discovered Yumi Matsutoya(松任谷由実), and it was via the song below. The 1982 label is one that I've put up although the songs themselves had been released some years earlier. It's just that my devoted listening to "Sounds of Japan" began in 1982.

Junko Yagami -- Omoide wa Utsukushi Sugite (思い出は美しすぎて)


Iruka -- Yoake no Goodbye (夜明けのグッドバイ)


Yumi Matsutoya -- Yosoyuki Gao de (よそゆき顔で)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.