Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, March 28, 2023

I Re'in For Re'in -- Byakuya(白夜)

 


I remember when I first wrote about that band with the unique name, I Re'in For Re'in(アイリーン・フォーリーン), back in 2020, their J-Wiki article put them down as a pop-rock unit. However, that first KKP article on them, "Private Girl" was definitely more of a groove-laden City Pop tune of the night.

Ah, but this time, that song's track mate from I Re'in For Re'in's (Wow! Three apostrophes in one name.) fourth album from 1988, "Body & Voice", is "Byakuya" (Night Under the Midnight Sun). The song, which was written and composed by band member Takaaki Yasuoka(安岡孝章), is more in keeping with that pop-rock style that I'd read about. In fact, I'd say that "Byakuya" comes off as a predecessor for all of those songs that were to come in the 1990s by bands such as DEEN and WANDS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.