Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, March 18, 2023

Gosanke Imagined: "The Best 10" Gosanke(ザ・ベストテン御三家)

 

If you can take a gander at the Labels on the right side of the page (take your time, I'll wait), you can see the years with the largest number of articles on KKP: 1981 1982 and 1983. Well in recent days, there has been a pitched battle for dominance, a battle that had been led by 1982 by a good degree for many years. But the gap closed up and until a couple of days ago, there was a 3-way tie at 449 articles each. As of a couple of days ago, though, 1982 has inched forward once more with its 450th article.

However, 1981 isn't letting that go thanks to this article which is a sequel to last week's Gosanke(御三家)entry. That was my first imagined trio consisting of the first three female singers in Japan that I had seen for thanks to my trip there in that fateful year and repeated viewings of "The Best 10". Then I figured that if I could come up with a Sannin Musume(三人娘)according to that legendary music ranking show, then I can do the same with the male singers since I saw them as well for the first time. The genre base is a little wider for these guys, though.

Masahiko Kondo -- Blue Jeans Memory (ブルー・ジーンズ・メモリー)


Akira Terao -- Ruby no Yubiwa (ルビーの指輪)


Jun Horie -- Memory Glass(メモリーグラス)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.