Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, November 25, 2017

Sugamo


Sugamo, which has been called the Harajuku or Shibuya of the senior citizens in Tokyo, was, strangely enough, one of the places that I had been meaning to go to. Well, I am tilting ever closer to that age group anyways, and it's actually the next station over from Otsuka where I was staying at the R&B.


The other reason is that I fondly remember the anime "Joshiraku"(じょしらく), especially in Episode 8 when the rakugo girls decide to visit the neighbourhood of Sugamo and even make the pilgrimage to the local temple.



And I did as well.


To be honest, I didn't make it a very detailed walk but it was just a nice little traipse in the area before I went back to the hotel. There were the usual stores selling the traditional Japanese wares and sweets but I do remember a couple of shops that sold red wear. I still don't totally understand the meaning behind the tradition but if any visitor is ever in need of red longjohns, Sugamo is the place to go.



Anyways, enjoy the catchy opening theme "O-Ato ga Yoroshikutte...YO!"(お後がよろしくって。。。よ!)by the seiyuu themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.