Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Hiroshi Sato -- On The Wind



I believe that this song by the late and great Hiroshi Sato(佐藤博)would fall under the "So-80s-it-hurts" category...but in a nice way. Kinda like musical shiatsu.

Reading somewhere on YouTube that basically Sato could do no wrong with anything he came up with, I could certainly agree, especially since coming across his summery "On The Wind". Oh, it's liquid sunshine for the soul that could potentially render any listener light and mellow. It's funky and groovy at the same time, and I think this is the second time listening to Sato that I couldn't help but feel that he was the Japanese version of Howard Jones based on his vocals.

According to an Ameblo blog, "On The Wind" was released as a 12-inch single back in October 1985, and the song was used for a commercial. However, since then, it has been added to the re-released version of his 1988 album "Aqua". Fine addition, if you ask me, but I have also written on another good track from that release, "Seat For Two".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.