Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Thursday, September 17, 2020

BLU-SWING -- I am

 


It looks like today is going to be all about the first-person songs. After "Myself" by Nachiko Tateoka(舘岡奈智子), I now have "I am" by cool BLU-SWING.

A track on the band's 10th-anniversary BEST album from 2019, "I am" is something along the lines of a fresh pop/City Pop tune of the 21st century. I would label it spearmint. It's not quite the clubby sort of song that I've associated BLU-SWING with, but it still has that groovy bass and in a nice little addition, I swear that "I am" even has some of that Tatsuro Yamashita-friendly saxophone. Lyrics were provided by vocalist Yuri Tanaka(田中裕梨)and music by keyboardist Yusuke Nakamura(中村祐介).

The music video above is an economically-sized version. Y'know...there is a splendid beach, three abandoned chairs and a dancer. Why not? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.