Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, April 1, 2022

EPO -- Umizoi no Aki(海沿いの秋)

 

Nope, not exactly autumn out there and I think that there would be a lot of folks who would go ballistic on me for even mentioning that season while we're still struggling to get into a warmer spring. Have faith, folks! It will get warmer...by May eventually.

Still, it's been a long while since I've put up an EPO tune and as usual, this particular track from her 1984 album "HI・TOUCH-HI・TECH" is her usual EPO-tastic fare. "Umizoi no Aki" (Seaside Autumn) was written and composed by the singer-songwriter and it's her prototypical light and bouncy music grafted with some of that 1950s or 1960s pop flavour about that ocean romance. Although EPO was fully behind the creation, there's something about that keyboard work that reminds me of Hiroshi Sato's(佐藤博)work and I think that might be City Pop crooner Yasuhiro Abe(安部恭弘)helping out with the background vocals.

Interesting thing...my feeling was that this would be a different autumn-themed tune in that it looks like there would be an unusually happy romantic ending for the season. But then I heard EPO talking her way to the end with the final word being "Sayonara!", and I went Ah! The fall claims another victim in the hunt for lasting love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.