Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, April 29, 2022

Kaoru Uemura -- Crystal Night(クリスタル・ナイト)

 

It's been over six years since I put up my last Kaoru Uemura(上村かをる)article but that's only because it's so difficult to find any of her songs up on YouTube. However, it appears that in the last little while, a few more have been uploaded for which I'm eternally grateful.

One reason is that from what I've heard from Uemura early in her career is a very nostalgic and lovely sense of what 1970s City Pop was all about with that certain Fender Rhodes and that "haze" sound that I have often heard from the keyboards for the genre stuff of that decade. Indeed, that's what I get from her "Crystal Night", a track from her 1979 album "Just My Feeling". It's just the aural version of sipping that tasty cocktail at home after the week's work is done.

Eriko Tsukayama(塚山エリコ)and Kazu Yamada(山田数)wrote the lyrics while Yasuo Ogata(緒方泰男)took care of the melody. "Crystal Night" can enjoy its place on KKP along with its trackmates "Yokohama Bund Hotel" (横浜バンドホテル)and "Comin' Together". And no, the irony isn't lost on me that earlier today, I'd written about an album by 1986 Omega Tribe with that same name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.