Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, May 18, 2015

Junko Ohashi -- Lost Love: Ai no Odori Ba (ロスト・ラヴ~愛の踊り場)


Ahhh...Junko. Welcome back, it's been too long! It's always nice to hear a Junko Ohashi(大橋純子)song after a while away since there are those vocals and that classic late 70s/early 80s City Pop arrangement. It's the same thing here with her 20th single, "Lost Love: Ai no Odori Ba" (Dance Floor of Love) which came out in November 1982.

Written by Yoshiko Miura(三浦徳子)and composed by Ken Sato(佐藤健), "Lost Love", with that wailing guitar and the keyboards just gives me that craving to walk around the skyscrapers of West Shinjuku at sunset. It has that sort of look and feel that "Lost Love" would have been perfect to act as background music. I wouldn't mind going through her old albums once more.

1 comment:

  1. Hi J-Canuck,

    I have several Junko Ohashi CDs on my shelves including the recent compilation album, but I wish this song was somewhere on there. Always appreciate a good City Pop groove that makes urban life in Tokyo seem like a pleasant breeze. I only got to visit the city for a few days, but I enjoyed walking through West Shinkuku at that particular time of the day and looking at the city skyline from the Metropolitan Government Building. "Lost Love" certainly has that atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.