Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Azusa Senou -- Kimi no Tsubasa ~Daijoubu Dakara~ (君の翼~だいじょうぶだから~)


“Kimi no Tsubasa ~Daijoubu Dakara~” was the third single released by Azusa Senou (瀬能あづさ) in June 1992. Like I said in the post about “I miss You”, I was really mad to see Azusa leaving her aidoru group CoCo behind, but some great songs from her solo career, and “Kimi no Tsubasa” is probably one of the best examples, made me forget about this very quickly.

At first, I thought the song was going to be a cheesy Latin song, based on the synth notes at the beggining, but it soon moved on to this pretty straighforward pop song.

To be honest, I’m pretty confortable with the fact that there’s nothing very complex about “Kimi no Tsubasa”. We can easily say Azusa is not the typical high-pitched aidoru, which is nice for a change, and the arrangement is full of the shameless keyboards that were used non-stop during the late 80s and the 90s in Japan. However, what makes “Kimi no Tsubasa” special to me is the catchy chorus melody. In fact, I feel there’s some sort of spark in that combination of Azusa’s vocals, cheesy synth background and this melody altogether, especially in the final section, when she sings the first and second choruses in a row.

“Kimi no Tsubasa ~Daijoubu Dakara~” may not be revolutionary, but it’s one of the songs I’ve been listening to almost everyday since December or January. One can say I’m really hooked on it.

The single reached #8 on the Oricon charts. Lyrics were written by Yoshiko Miura (三浦徳子), while music was composed by Ichiro Haneda (羽田一郎). As for the arrangement, Jun Sato (佐藤準) was the responsible.


1 comment:

  1. Yep, the 90s are back here, all right. When I also heard the synth-calypso at the beginning, I was expecting a mug of rum punch to be placed on my desk, but then the melody took a bit of an interesting turn. No, nothing earthshaking about it, but it's still a pleasant pop song.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.