Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, January 25, 2020

Yuko Tajima -- Kumori Glass(くもりグラス)


Glad to introduce another one of those obscure City Pop singers.


Just a smidgen of information about singer-songwriter Yuko Tajima(田島裕子)in that I could only find out that she had earned a prize at the 1975 Popular Song Contest before releasing a 1980 album titled "Variation". On that album, there is the track "Kumori Glass" (Frosted Glass) which was written by Rei Suzuki(鈴木れい)and composed by Tajima. A mid-tempo relaxing Resort Pop number of remembrances of a past romance, the website where I could glean that smidgen also mentioned that Makoto Matsushita(松下誠)had arranged the song along with providing his guitar-playing. I do like Tajima's voice and so I wonder if she did release any further albums.

I see that there are a few more songs at least on YouTube featuring her so I will give them a gander as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.