Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, May 29, 2020

Asami Kado -- Morning Kiss



As I've mentioned in the past, singer-songwriter Asami Kado(門あさ美)was seen to be one of the representatives of a certain type of especially refined pop known as fashion music, the name that was put onto her by the media. It's the sort of music where you expect any music video for that singer to have her lying on a chaise longue quietly asking "My grape please...".

Well, the lead track on Kado's 1979 debut album "Fascination", which has both the title track and "Blue", is "Morning Kiss", written and composed by her. I wouldn't say that it was fashion music this time around since on hearing this one, I can't really imagine the singer lying down; in fact, I would say that she was fairly skipping about town with a parasol over her head. As well, I really couldn't dub this one as either a City Pop or an AOR tune (seems a little energetic for the latter genre), so I will go with New Music and regular pop.

For such a bouncy (hm...maybe I shouldn't be using that particular word😊 considering the circumstances here) song, Kado's lyrics describe a young lady simply enjoying waking up next to her bedmate in the early hours. Living life well, I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.