Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, May 24, 2020

Kohei Dojima -- Benjamin, Sora wo Niramu(ベンジャミン、空を睨む)


Yep, yep...I pulled off another Van Paugam on Friday night. This time, it was with the J Utah drive through nighttime Singapore (I hope that Noelle and Karen are doing OK there) while listening to "Light Mellow ~ Moment". Love that drive up the main street approaching the famous Marina Bay Sands Hotel at about 47:00.


There was a Kohei Dojima(堂島孝平)song on "Moment" but it wasn't available on YouTube. So, seeing that it's been a while since I put up one of his tunes, I found "Benjamin, Sora wo Niramu" (Benjamin, Stares at the Sky), a track from his 12th album, "VIVAP", released in July 2010. Written and composed by Dojima, I'm not quite sure what the tune is about....perhaps Benjamin is a curious fellow (or dog) entranced by what the sky offers, but it's a plenty catchy pop number with buzzy guitar, and I can only imagine old Ben is having a ball of a time outside....with some strutting and dancing about.

"Benjamin" may not quite fit the evening drive through Singapore, but hey, I still quite the like the cut of Dojima's jib musically speaking. "VIVAP" has got the singer cutting a particularly whimsical figure on the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.