Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Inori Minase -- AHAREN HEART

 

I gotta tell ya...if we had Chino Kafuu of Rabbit House, Kanna Kamui Kobayashi and Reina Aharen(阿波連れいな)in the same booth at a karaoke box, it would be so quiet that staff would be wondering whether there was anyone at all inside. Two of the three characters are voiced by the same seiyuu, in fact.

Indeed, veteran voice actress Inori Minase(水瀬いのり)has portrayed Chino in "Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka?"(ご注文はうさぎですか?...Is the Order A Rabbit? )for several years and this year, she's been handling the role of Reina Aharen, a very quiet but pure-hearted high school student in the anime "Aharen-san wa Hakarenai"(阿波連さんははかれない...Miss Aharen is Indecipherable). I've usually been trailing a season or two behind what is currently being shown, so I've only finished Episode 3 of this series which I've enjoyed. Aharen and her bestie, Raido(ライドウ), have the most adorably stoic expressions on their faces no matter what the situation is, and I could easily imagine once they grow up, they could do the anime version of "Dragnet" if they ever joined the police force.

The theme songs for "Aharen-san" have been OK, and I might actually write an article on at least one of them in the near future, but neither of them has particularly startled me. However, when I watched the aforementioned Episode 3 last night, the apparently one-off ending theme and credits did catch my attention. All that dance practice and karaoke practice over the first three episodes have paid off for the main lass in the form of "AHAREN HEART"

Minase, in her whispery voiced Aharen mode, has a lot of fun with "AHAREN HEART" as we see her character bounce about with some partial help from Raido. The song was written by Kana Yaginuma(やぎぬまかな)and composed by Satoru Kousaki(神前暁)as a cute pop tune with some old-fashioned disco influences, and I'm always going to have a soft spot in my heart for the old disco.

Speaking of remarkable Episode 3 one-off ending themes for anime with nifty ending credit dance sequences, I'm reminded of another show from a few years ago. May we all have some of those in anime now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.