Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, October 28, 2022

Step -- Cool de Atsui Kimi(クールで熱い君)

 

Not to make fun of the song of note here, but when I read the title for it, I couldn't help but remember McDonalds's McDLT from the 1980s with its catchphrase of "Cool side cool, hot side hot". I'm not sure whether that combination would have been good, gastrointestinally speaking. Although I do remember the ad, I'm also unsure if I'd even eaten that particular hamburger.

But to get to the song, this would be "Cool de Atsui Kimi" (You are Cool and Hot) by the duo Step with Seiken Komura(小村精権)and Kojiro Nishimori(西森幸次郎). I've written about the band before when I covered a couple of songs from their one-and-only album "Rising Tomorrow" from 1982: "Summer Time" and "Remember Me"

"Cool de Atsui Kimi" is once again another relaxing song for the ears, thanks to the harmonies and arrangement of gentle guitar, keyboard and blue-water rhythm. Despite that title, there is nothing tsundere about this one. Fumiko Okada(岡田富美子)was the lyricist here while Yoshiaki Furuta(古田喜昭)came up with the melody. Furuta is a songwriter, producer and designer from Tokyo whose biggest hit was the sweet but searing "Wedding Bell" for the band Sugar. His J-Wiki article also shows that he's come up with a lot of anison and children's songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.