Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, October 4, 2022

MOTOCOMPO -- Dream Flows

 

History is repeating itself here and now. After writing about the first ending theme for "Doki Doki! PreCure" (ドキドキ!プリキュア), "Kono Sora no Mukou" (この空の向こう), I was intrigued by its songwriter, Dr. Usui. Finding out that he had once been a member of the now defunct band MOTOCOMPO, I wanted to know about that unit and so I ended up taking care of an article with them and their 2007 "The Higher I Fly"

Well, I'm doing the same thing today after writing about the second ending theme for "Doki Doki! PreCure", "Love Link". I began looking up for any more MOTOCOMPO music. It didn't take too long either because I found "Dream Flows" which is the title track for their November 2004 mini-album. There's something very glacially regal and nearly dance-worthy with "Dream Flows", and I'm getting vibes from all sorts of sources ranging from early Pet Shop Boys to Tommy february6.

I'm also getting a lot of memories from my early 1980s with scenes of emotionless New Romantic and New Wave figures racing through my mind. And now the pounding syn-drums are getting me into New Order mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.