Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Congratulations, Furyu Odori(風流踊)!

 

To be honest, I'm doing this on the fly since I'm not too knowledgeable on this topic, but I did want to acknowledge on the blog that earlier today UNESCO recognized a group of 41 folk dances from 24 of Japan's 47 prefectures known collectively as Furyu Odori as an Intangible Cultural Heritage. Many congratulations to all of those prefectures.

At first, I considered putting up some of the minyo and enka tunes that involved folk dancing but then I thought that wouldn't be too sporting because none of them are part of those 41 dances that have been listed. So instead, what I will do is give a very small sample of those dances that were selected along with their home prefectures. The origin years apparently go way back so I'll just settle for the default year of 2022 just to acknowledge when they were given the UNESCO status.

If anyone has actually witnessed or even performed any of the dances, please let us know!

Nishimonai no Bon Odori(西馬音内の盆踊), Akita Prefecture


Chakkirako(チャッキラコ), Kanagawa Prefecture


Kanomizu no Kake Odori(寒水の掛踊), Gifu Prefecture


Tsushima no Bon Odori(対馬の盆踊り), Nagasaki Prefecture 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.