Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, November 18, 2022

Lucky Tapes -- Friday Night

 

As vocalist Kai Takahashi(高橋海)sings: "It's Friday night". Indeed it is, although my Friday nights out are in all likelihood a part of my history now. I really haven't done anything with friends on these evenings in many years. Anyways, I had to stand ready while a contractor was fixing the busted heating in my home.

Moving on, this is "Friday Night" from multigenre Lucky Tapes' first full album "The SHOW" released in August 2015 (got up to No. 68 on Oricon). Written and composed by Takahashi, there is pleasant groove going on here as listeners are encouraged to shake their booty in the dance clubs in the major cities until the sun is up. Can't really do that anymore (I tend to have my mid-digestion nap in my armchair nowadays) but the spirit is always willing. 

Not sure if it will happen but if bands such as King Gnu, YOASOBI and Suchmos can get onto the Kohaku Utagassen, then why not Lucky Tapes someday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.