Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, November 27, 2022

Kahimi Karie -- Bonjour Line

 

That dessert may look a little too gigantic for me now, but I have loved my strawberries on waffles with all of the ice cream and custard in the way. 😋

Anyways, I'm getting that image of French pastry in my head, so whenever that happens, I also get images of whispery voiced Kahimi Karie(カヒミ・カリィ)as well. "Bonjour Line" was something that took time for me to track down, and as it turns out, it was produced and released right at the start of Karie's solo career. In fact, in her debut year of 1991, "Bonjour Line" was a track included in a compilation album called "Blow-Up" which was probably the earliest that it showed up. However, the music video showed up in a 1994 VHS tape titled "Karie on TV".

Speaking of that music video of "Bonjour Line", which was created by Karie and Keigo Oyamada(小山田圭吾), it strikes me as being typical of her videos as it resembles old-fashioned film footage of Paris from long ago. Karie is simply doing her relaxed strolling around the City of Lights taking in the sights, but also having time to set up a meeting with a little friend later on in the day. It's laidback Shibuya-kei with a bit more of the bossa nova and the initial light scatting by the singer had me swaying in my seat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.