Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Wednesday, November 9, 2022

P-Model -- 2D or not 2D

 

About a month ago, I provided my first article on the technopop group Hikashu which was made part of a Techno Gosanke(テクノ御三家)consisting of that band, P-Model and The Plastics. And then I figured that it's been a while since I added to the P-Model file here on KKP.

That first article for P-Model was for their 1979 debut single "Art Mania". Being a product of that time, there was plenty of New Wave thrown into the arrangement along the bleeps and bloops. Well, since doing that Hikashu article in October, I did some looking around and I discovered this P-Model song from many years down the line.

"2D or not 2D" was the second track on the band's February 1992 album "P-MODEL". There is none of that New Wave in this one. Instead, it's a purely twee technopop confection with some operatic flair and catchiness. Just think of a toy shop march on acid. The music video is also one for the "City Limits" file and it was obvious that the guys really got onto the morphing bandwagon (I remember when that became a huge special effects thing when "Terminator 2" was released back in 1991).

And before I finish up, I see that the Vocaloids got into the act, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.