Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, November 19, 2022

COLDFEET -- Every Day a Saturday

 

Wouldn't that be something? Every day a Saturday. We can all go hedonistic and paint the down red 24 hours a day. Unrealistic as that is, it's something nice to fantasize about.

I figure that if my previous article can have something to do with the cool set of Shibuya-kei, then I can see that bet and raise. So I came across "Every Day a Saturday" by the club duo COLDFEET. The last time I'd written about vocalist/songwriter Lori Fine and programmer/musician Watusi was in late 2016 for "In My Lucid Dream", so they were due for another one.

"Every Day a Saturday" comes from their 2007 album "Feeling Good", and I think the titles of track and album fit well. Maybe someone can specify the exact form of melody being illustrated here but I can give it the general category of club music, and as the title indicates, it's quite the inviting song for an evening out in some gorgeous metropolis with a hustling and bustling night life. Among all those beats popping out, Fine's soulful vocals ring with a refreshing clarity. She can say that title to you with a straight face and you'd be happy to believe and oblige in her night on the town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.