Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Chikaco Sawada -- Shiawase ni Narou(幸せになろう)

 

Not last night but the week before, pop singer-songwriter Chikaco Sawada(沢田知可子)appeared for the first time on "Uta Con"(うたコン). It was an auspicious occasion for me as well because it was additionally the first time that I had ever seen her perform on television without going through YouTube. All these years, I've basically known her for the 1990 hit "Aitai"(会いたい).

And indeed that is what she performed on "Uta Con". It's too bad that I didn't get to hear her talk with the hosts afterwards though. Japan TV has the unfortunate task of carving out certain sections of the show, especially ones where the singers are doing their tribute to Disney tunes, because of copyrights, so it's possible that any talk by Sawada was excised simply out of bad timing. Well, that's the way the cake crumbles, I suppose. 

However, having been around seven years since I last put up a Sawada article, I decided that it was the time once more to include another one of her love songs. "Shiawase ni Narou" (Let's Be Happy) was her July 1993 single, and those keyboards sound so wonderfully nostalgic. Written by Chihiro Sawa(沢ちひろ)and composed by Sawada, I definitely feel that they don't make them like they used to. There's nothing like a late 80s/early 90s power ballad. Incidentally, "Shiawase ni Narou" was used as a commercial tune for Oppen Cosmetics.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.