Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, June 17, 2023

Rie Miyazawa -- Itsuka Aeru made(いつか会える時まで)

 

Oh yes...I do remember that bus. It's the one that takes guests from the Toyoko Inn near Asakusa to Ueno Station. That was back in the autumn of 2014. We used it a fair bit as a short cut and then finally to head back to Haneda Airport.

It's kinda hard to imagine poignancy through a hotel bus but that final ride signified some wistfulness with the hoped-for reunion in the future. However, my next trip in 2017 had me staying at the R&B Hotel near Ikebukuro instead. 

Well, the above was a fairly ham-fisted segue to the song "Itsuka Aeru made" (Until We Meet Again Someday) by Rie Miyazawa(宮沢りえ). The track comes from her June 1993 3rd album "ROSEE" and that intro reminds me a lot of Alicia Bridges' "I Love The Nightlife". In fact, I'd say that the song whose melody was concocted by Chika Ueda(上田知華)has taken a lot of inspiration from Motown soul or the various themes from "Saturday Night Live" (especially when the beefy sax has its moment). I also have to say that Miyazawa's vocals have an appealing breathy quality here. Jun Kagemori(影森潤)was responsible for the lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.