Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Natsuko Nisshoku -- Suiryuu no Rock(水流のロック)

 

I guess another one of the little things that I enjoy within music, generally speaking, is something that I call "having-fun-with-the-keys" piano. Perhaps the first time I heard it was through the late Jerry Lee Lewis' "Great Balls of Fire" and most recently, I've heard it from SUEMITSU & THE SUEMITH's "Allegro Cantabile e.p.", the theme song from the anime adaptation of "Nodame Cantabile" (のだめカンタービレ) over a decade ago.

Once again, I've heard it through singer-songwriter Natsuko Nisshoku's(日食なつこ)"Suiryuu Rock" (Waterflow Rock), a track from her August 2014 mini-album "Mabuta Mabuta"(瞼瞼...Eyelids, Eyelids). Let's say that I just like how she hits the keys and keeps it simple with her fellow musicians. It's kinda like a nice Tuesday afternoon accompaniment: nothing too languid but nothing too super-produced either. 

Strangely enough, I heard Nisshoku perform this for the first time on an "Uta Con"(うたコン)last year, although as I mentioned above, this song is almost ten years old. By the way, Natsuko Nisshoku is just the singer's pen name that she provided for herself; I don't know her real name but she hails from Iwate Prefecture and began her career in 2009. Up to now, she's released six singles (official and limited edition), seven digital singles and eleven original albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.