Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, June 10, 2023

J-Canuck's Favourite Kome Kome Club Tunes

 

I saw the ever-playful and loopy Tatsuya 'Carl Smokey' Ishii(石井竜也)and the rest of Kome Kome Club(米米CLUB)on "Uta Con"(うたコン)the other night, and though age has kinda crept in on the edges, it was good to see the guys perform on the stage once more. But man, did they put on some grand shows back in the day! Then I realized that I had yet to put up my own Author's Picks  for K2C, so in no particular order, here they are.

(1990) Roman Hiko (浪漫飛行)


(1994) Abracadabra(ア・ブラ・カダ・ブラ)


(1987) Sure Danse


(1996) Easter Bell North


(1996) Stylish Woman

2 comments:

  1. Fireminer here! Kome Kome Club article? Great! There is something that makes me always think of Arena Rock when Kome is mentioned, though they are definitely less bombastic than the typical AOR fare. I'd love to hear them live someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Fireminer. I can imagine that K2C were playing some big venues back in the 90s. Their shows looked like they needed something that large.

      Delete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.