Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, June 27, 2023

MAISONdes feat. yama and Nito -- Ai Tarinai(アイタリナイ)

 

Yeah, I gotta say that "Urusei Yatsura"(うる星やつら)is really urusei yatsura. I don't think I've heard a trailer that almost had me turning down the volume from all of the vocal cacophony present. In any case, earlier this year, I contributed an article for the 2022 redux version of the anime regarding its first opening theme "aiue"(アイウエ)by music project MAISONdes.

From the quote that I referred to in that first article, MAISONdes is notable for considering itself as a growing apartment building with each song being a unit in that building. So, "aiue", which had Minami(美波)and SAKURAmoti creating and performing it, is known as Unit 373. Well, those contemporary "Urusei Yatsura" fans most likely already know this, but MAISONdes was responsible for all of the theme songs including the second ending theme.

Titled "Ai Tarinai" (Not Enough Love), this probably came out as a digital single in January 2023, and Unit 210's residents are music makers yama and Nito(ニト。)with the latter handling lyrics and music. Not surprisingly, "Ai Tarinai" is one hectic synthpop adventure reflecting a typical "Urusei Yatsura" episode. The official music video certainly shows Lum in a new light. And I'm kinda wondering whether one scene wasn't influenced by "Doctor Who" (sorry, my geek is showing).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.