Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, December 2, 2013

Junko Yagami -- Cotton Snow and Paper Stars




This is the 2nd Junko Yagami(八神純子)song in as many nights, and it's also from the same album, "Full Moon" which was released 30 years ago. But of course, now that we are into December, the Xmas season is once again upon us and so it's time to put up a few J-Xmas songs along with the tinsel and other decorations.

However, I first heard Yagami's "Cotton Snow and Paper Stars"(綿雪&銀紙星) (lyrics by Keisuke Yamakawa/山川啓介 and music by Yagami) on one of her BEST albums. The arrangements has it sounding like an Xmas tune in the big city and Yagami does her usual fine job with the singing, although I think that synth-like organ at the beginning sounds a bit on the cheesy side and the melody suddenly revs up briefly and jarringly in certain parts.

I'm sure that I won't be able to keep up the torrid pace I did last year with the Xmas tunes since I basically threw in just about all the J-Yuletide songs I knew back then, but I'll see if I can dig up some ones I couldn't find for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.