Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Rajie -- Just In The Rain



From the songs by Rajie that have been profiled on the blog so far, I think the singer has been one of those unheralded jewels. I wish I could have found about her earlier, certainly since buying her albums must be pretty difficult these days.

"Just In The Rain" is the final track from her 2nd album, "Love Heart" from 1978. And it's a nice way to finish up since it has that calm soul groove of the city. There seems to be something about walking in the rain downtown that brings out some good music, although I think the melody here might be heard more after the rain has just let up and those first few rays of sunlight are breaking through the gray clouds. And it's not just The Big Sushi that comes to mind here, but also Motown and The Big Apple when I listen to this song.

I couldn't find out who exactly took care of the lyrics and music here. However, I bet it was one of the following who helped her out on "Just In The Rain": Yukihiro Takahashi(高橋幸宏)on drums, Haruomi Hosono(細野晴臣)on bass, Ryuichi Sakamoto(坂本龍一)on keyboards and Tatsuro Yamashita(山下達郎)as backup chorus. Yup, all of Yellow Magic Orchestra and one of the lords of City Pop supporting Rajie, another reason that I would love to get my hands on the album.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.