Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Fujisaki Girls Academy Student Council Executive -- Best FriendS


Basically speaking, my anime buddy and I agree on what we like to watch but there are inevitably some discrepancies. He's a huge fan of "Jojo no Kimyo na Boken"(ジョジョの奇妙な冒険...JoJo's Bizarre Adventure); I was immediately turned off with the murder of the dog in Episode 1 and haven't been back since then. I was quite all right with the cute show with moments of hilarity, "New Game" from this year but after the first couple of episodes, he never mentioned or showed it again on the screen.


Then I also mentioned at another time about the anime "Love Lab"(恋愛ラボ). I've been watching various excerpts of this 2013 show on YouTube and have just been having a fun time with all of the gags and parodies. Again, my friend kinda went "Meh" since he felt it was just too wacky. But then again, we've been enjoying the absolutely nuts "Kei-jo!!!!!!!" this season so I'm kinda wondering what gives. Still, I am starting to get very tempted to actually purchase the DVD set of this one.

The two stars are seiyuu Manami Numakura(沼倉愛美)and Chinatsu Akasaki(赤﨑千夏)as the short-tempered Riko and completely insane Natsuo respectively. I'm totally accustomed to seeing Numakura playing the stoic-to-cranky roles but Akasaki playing Natsuo was pretty revealing since I had been seeing her as the suffer-no-fools-gladly Nibutani from "Chūnibyō demo Koi ga Shitai!"(中二病でも恋がしたい!). Natsuo is the type of girl that Nibutani would be more than happy to kick over a couple of mountains in frustration.


Among all of my amused viewings of the antics of the Fujisaki Girls Academy Student Council Executive known in Japanese as Fuji-jo Seitokai Shikkou-bu(藤女生徒会執行部), I've also managed to find a perky little earworm as the ending theme for "Love Lab" called "Best FriendS" as sung by the entire executive via the seiyuu Numakura, Akasaki, Ayane Sakura(佐倉綾音), Inori Minase(水瀬いのり)and Yo Taichi(大地葉).

With lyrics by ENA☆ and music by Naoki Chiba(千葉"naotyu-"直樹), it's the usual happy-go-lucky song but I think there's also a little hint of Shibuya-kei in there which pulled me in further. In any case, another temptation for me to pick up the set, if possible.

The aforementioned Sakura and Minase would get together for another popular anime and theme song the following year.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.