Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Kanako Wada -- Mou Hitotsu no Yesterday (もうひとつのイエスタデイ)


Man, am I beat! Since I have to be away from the apartment tomorrow, I offered my project manager to do some extra translations to compensate and he really compensated. Ended up getting the largest batch of regular files so far in my translation history. He was kind enough to give me a deadline of Thursday but since when I get onto a daily assignment, I usually want to get it done on that day, I plowed through it like a tank and got it all done in about 4 hours. It's actually nice then that I could get a nice dinner tonight and of course, I can write here. Plus, there are the fall finales for "The Flash" and "Agents of SHIELD" to look forward to later tonight.😌


It's been a while since I've written about Kanako Wada(和田加奈子)in a single article. And all this time that I was worrying that I was overdoing it on her contributions to "Kimagure Orange Road" (きまぐれオレンジ☆ロード), I found out that it's been over 2.5 years since I actually typed in any sort of article having to do with a Wada-KOR collaboration.

So, here is "Mou Hitotsu no Yesterday" (Another Yesterday) which was the ending theme for a KOR OVA (nice ancient media concept), and I was surprised to find out that the OVA had come out in 1991. And here I thought that KOR was strictly an 80s concoction. Still, the song has that genki 80s feeling to it and it just seems to have that good fit with Wada. Penned by Reiko Yukawa(湯川れい子)and composed by Yuuichiro Oda(小田裕一郎), "Mou Hitotsu no Yesterday" has that sprightly spring in its step with the horns and the mellow feel-good vocals of the singer.

When I had first heard it on "Kanako Wada -- Golden Best" which seems to be the only Wada album that it has been recorded on, "Mou Hitotsu no Yesterday" didn't quite click with me but that kinda showed how much I liked the other songs by the singer for the anime. Now, it fits in quite nicely with my mood. Of course, the song is also on one of the myriad soundtracks for the show "Kimagure Orange Road -- Singing Heart".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.