Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Paris Blue -- Anata ga Suki (あなたがすき)


I haven't been able to find much information on this duo which lasted from 1992 to 1996 but I found a few videos by Paris Blue on YouTube. And from what I've seen so far, I like. Just from looking at some of the photos of Miki Taniguchi(谷口實希)and Shingo Hibino(日比野信午)and hearing their melodies, I would say that this was one of those Shibuya-kei groups that I had yet to encounter.

"Anata ga Suki" (I Love You) is Paris Blue's debut single and a track on their debut album "Sing A Simple Song" from December 1992. It has that certain sophisticated swing paired with some 70s soul reminiscent of Lou Rawls with that French accordion thrown in for good measure. Taniguchi took care of lyrics and vocals while Hibino was the fellow behind the melody and backup vocals.

So, on that note, I have completed my theme of "Something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue".


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.