Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, May 17, 2021

Fruit Tart -- Mezase! Curry No. 1!(目指せ!カレーNo.1!)

 

I've been eating rice curry since I was a kid but it was only when I hit university that I discovered how many different varieties of curry there are. And then, there is the fact that the Japanese love their curry so much including the kinds from India, Thailand and other nations. A number of times per year, I used to go with friends to Tokyo's Indian restaurants with a curry buffet going. In fact, the last time that I was in Japan in late 2017, my friend took me to a small neighbourhood place near his apartment where I had the above Butter Chicken Curry which went very well with freshly made naan.


Now, I know that the second season of "Zombieland Saga" is going at warp speed with tons of new songs and fans including my anime buddy. As such, I will eventually get to seeing those episodes but right now, I've only finished up on that other aidoru saga from the Fall 2020 season, "Ochikobore Fruit Tart"(おちこぼれフルーツタルト...Dropout Idol Fruit Tart). It was also very enjoyable although I do worry about the characters' romantic life in the years to follow.

There seems to be an overarching theme of food when it comes to "Ochikobore Fruit Tart", beginning with the name of the aidoru group itself, and then there was the first catchy tune to be born from the show, "Broko no Uta"(ブロ子の歌)that grabbed my buddy's ears and never let go. Well, another insert song that seems to have caught on fire with the fandom (including me) is "Mezase! Curry No. 1!" (Go For It! Curry No. 1!). It was performed in front of the audience which was initially caught off-guard by its curry-themed nature before they finally got into it.


If the fans only knew that curry was almost the only thing that Fruit Tart could afford to eat at Mouse House, but it looks like Roko, Ino and the rest of Fruit Tart were accustomed to the sameness of their diet and it did lead to one catchy number. In the real world, "Mezase! Curry No. 1!" was written by Sasa Ando(安藤紗々), the same lyricist responsible for the other songs provided on the show including the themes, and it was composed by Yamato(大和)

The crazy thing is that the overall beat of "Mezase! Curry No. 1!" reminds me of another anison from 2012, "Taiyo Iwaku Moeyo Chaos" (太陽曰く燃えよカオス)for the anime "Haiyore! Nyaruko-san" (Nyaruko: Crawling With Love), and as I mentioned in that article, "Taiyo Iwaku Moeyo Chaos" had been inspired by "Dschingis Khan" by the band Dschingis Khan. Talk about things that make me go "Hmmmm...".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.