Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Fruit Tart -- Kibou Darake no EVERYDAY(キボウだらけのEVERYDAY)

 

For those in the Toronto area, this morning must have been a meteorological revelation. I certainly was taken aback to see an inch or two of snow outside my window, despite the fact that we're one month into spring. Weather is certainly a troll for us.

Exactly a couple of months ago, I wrote on an anime-based earworm that managed to burrow deep into my head called "Broko no Uta"(ブロ子の歌)as performed by seiyuu Risa Kubota in her character of Roko Sekino. The anime is the Fall 2020 "Ochikobore Fruit Tart"(おちこぼれフルーツタルト...Dropout Idol Fruit Tart) which, as my anime buddy once informed me, was supposed to have been shown earlier in the summer but due to COVID issues was actually delayed by a season.

As much as I've enjoyed "Broko no Uta", I've now let the earworms invade me once more with the opening theme, "Kibou Darake no EVERYDAY" (Everyday is Filled with Hope). Sung by the stumbling and quirk-filled new aidoru group within "Ochikobore Fruit Tart", Fruit Tart, it's got the happy-happy-joy-joy element but I also like some of the quirks in the melody and arrangement put together by John Kanda(神田ジョン), guitarist of the rock band PENGUIN RESEARCH. Sasa Ando(安藤紗々)was the lyricist here.

As for the members of Fruit Tart, they are the snarky and height-challenged Roko Sekino(関野ロコ), the ever-optimistic Ino Sakura(桜衣乃), the strawberry-loving Hayu Nukui(貫井はゆ), the (relatively) tall and buxom Nina Maehara(前原仁菜), and the supremely moe Hemo Midori(緑へも). They are respectively played by Risa Kubota(久保田梨沙), Hiyori Nitta(新田ひより), Haruka Shiraishi(白石晴香), Reina Kondo(近藤玲奈)and Kyoko Moriya(守屋亨香).

Considering these current times, a song with a title like this one isn't too bad at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.