Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, November 29, 2019

Step -- Remember Me


Providing that Friday night City Pop tune, I've got the second entry on the blog of this obscure duo which almost had Toshiki Kadomatsu(角松敏生)as one-half of that partnership.


You can get to know some of that story in the first article that I wrote about the duo Step consisting of Seiken Komura(小村精権)and Kojiro Nishimori(西森幸次郎). But here, I have another number performed by them, "Remember Me" from 1982. I don't know whether this was one of their three singles or simply a track on their lone album "Rising Tomorrow". However, I do know that this is a groovy and pleasant tune that straddles the border between AOR and City Pop.

For me, I think what sells me on "Remember Me" is those sparkly keyboards and that certain guitar that weaves in and out of the arrangement. The song reminds me somewhat of the melodic output by AB'S Makoto Matsushita(松下誠)and Fujimal Yoshino(吉野藤丸).

5 comments:

  1. Thank you! I love this song too so groovy but no one knows it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for enjoying it. STEP is one of those hidden pleasures so at least we know about it, and because of that, people will gradually get to know about it.:)

      Delete
  2. Hi!
    I enjoyed the song and yet I have something to ask of you,
    There is an unknown song circulating on the internet that I believe (contrary to the majority) to be old JPop or city pop. You only have to look up Everyone knows that on Youtube to find it. Please listen to it and contact me at emmakarinson@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Emma.
      Thanks for the comment. There are actually a few such songs that I've been contacted about that fall under that category, so unfortunately your description is too sparse. Why don't you send over the YouTube URL here and I can help out if I can?

      Delete
  3. Hi! OMG thank you so much for responding! here is the URL : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0arERjT_0Z0&pp=ygUTZXZlcnlvbmUga25vd3MgdGhhdA%3D%3D it's a video with a pink music player in the thumbnail. If you find something, the email I gave is still available!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.