Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, April 1, 2024

LAUSBUB -- The Catcher in the Die/The Catcher in the Dai -Radio Session-

 

The J.D. Salinger novel "The Catcher in the Rye" was mandatory reading in my high school. If you wish, you can listen to Chapter 1 of the audiobook version as narrated by Isaac Birchall above. Honestly speaking, I don't remember much of the book aside from the fact that Holden Caulfield isn't the nicest fellow on Earth and that he may be a murderous psychopath-in-waiting. 

https://soundcloud.com/officialausbub


However, I'm happy to say that the Hokkaido technopop duo LAUSBUB's cute twist on the title "The Catcher in the Die" from 2020 (and their second self-produced single belonging to it) is considerably less antagonistic. 

In 2023, the song got a further upgrade in the bloops and bleeps and slaps along with one more tweak in the lettering with the result being "The Catcher in the Dai -Radio Session-". Rico Iwai(岩井莉子)was responsible for words and music, and I have to say that I enjoy this improved version even more. The accompanying music video is quite soothing actually. I always like it when the Silver Surfer can put away the board and simply have a jaunty walk to get anywhere.

2 comments:

  1. Fireminer here. When you put "The Catcher in the Rye" and "techno" in the same sentence, my brain automatically jumps to Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, since that book played an important role in the anime. Anyway, this is a good tune, though the autotuned vocal at the middle of the track isn't my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, not a huge fan of auto-tune either. I could use auto-tune in my karaoke and sound...marginally...better but that's not the point for me.

      Delete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.