Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Yo Hitoto -- Tada Yaru dake sa(ただやるだけさ)

 

Maybe I should have mentioned this in the previous article featuring Da Capo(ダ・カーポ), but I guess for today, my contributions to the blog will have some association with the latest "Uta Con"(うたコン) episode that was on earlier today.

I noticed that singer-songwriter Yo Hitoto(一青窈)was on the episode and with the theme of 1974 hits, I had assumed that she would be covering Katsuko Kanai's(金井克子)"Tanin no Kankei"(他人の関係)because it seems that in recent years, that has been a favourite of hers. But then I realized that "Tanin no Kankei" was actually a 1973 hit for Kanai. Instead, she performed "Seishun no Kage"(青春の影)by folk/pop group Tulip(チューリップ)which was a hit in 1974.

Plus, Hitoto introduced her recent digital single "Tada Yaru dake sa" (Just Give It a Try) which had come out a few weeks ago in March. Her performance on "Uta Con" and the recorded version with some form of the horns got my interest, and of course, I'm going to be a sucker for some light pop this side of Blue Peppers. With lyrics by Hitoto, the music and arrangement were provided by Taiwanese actor and singer Crowd Lu(盧廣仲). It's a very pleasant song of encouragement.

"Tada Yaru dake sa" is also the theme song for a movie that also came out on the same day as the single. Titled "Neko to Watashi to, Mou Hitori no Neko"(猫と私と、もう1人のネコ...A Cat and Me and One More Cat), Hitoto herself has a role in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.