Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Thursday, September 17, 2026

Hiroko Kasahara -- You & Me

 

Taking my mother out to her doctor's appointment earlier this afternoon, I noticed that it was rather warm today with a goodly amount of humidity. I guess this will probably be the last gasp of summer for 2026 before fall and more seasonal temperatures arrive next week...unless Indian Summer flies in sometime in October or November. I also have to remind myself that next week, Japan celebrates another long holiday season.

I've got a pretty upbeat song to finish off Thursday on KKP. This is Hiroko Kasahara's(笠原弘子)"You & Me" from her November 1991 album "Ren'aisei Riron Part 1"(恋愛性理論〜Part 1〜...The Theory of Romantic Nature). Written by Mayumi Sudo(須藤まゆみ)and composed by Yasuhiko Warita(割田康彦), that intro reminds me a bit of "Easy Lover" by Phil Collins & Philip Bailey, but then the melody goes into a wholly different direction. With those particular synthesizers in play, it does feel like a typical early 90s pop tune, and I also like Kasahara's high plaintive vocals.

2 comments:

  1. I am a Hiroko Kasahara fan! And is one of the her songs I really like although I think she had another song that tops this one, but that's another story. Okay, as for this song what I like about it is that it isn't a straightforward happy love song. It's a parting song about two people going their separate ways while remaining emotionally connected. Here is something interesting Hiroko had to say about 「YOU&ME」レコーディングで何回も何回も歌った記録を作った曲です♪
    この曲を歌うと切なくなるのです♪ https://columbia.jp/artist-info/kasahara/discography/COCX-34637.html?utm_source=chatgpt.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Brian. Glad that you have enjoyed "You & Me" all these years. It's always nice rooting for the underrated singers.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.