Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Akiko Kobayashi -- Maybe This Time


Another year, another Akiko Kobayashi(小林明子)article. I'm such a fan of hers but it is difficult to find a variety of her songs on YouTube, although some other sites have helped out. Still, it's always nice to have some sort of video representing her music.


Whenever I cast my eyes on to the cover of Kobayashi's 5th album "Bon Voyage", I always think that the singer-songwriter was taking things into a new direction. The photo of Kobayashi in her pure white outfit against a beautiful blue sky planted that image into my head, and the tracks in the album just seemed to have a fresher feeling.

"Maybe This Time" seems to be a fine representative of my thought. Written by MAYUMI and composed by Osny Melo, the song has that happy uplifting feeling with the lyrics talking about a couple of folks who have gone through romantic repercussions with other people in the past but are willing and hopeful for something more everlasting with each other. It's the sort of mellow pop that I would like to hear on a sunny day like today.

Strangely enough, the previous Akiko song, "Miracle of Love", also from "Bon Voyage" was written up on "Kayo Kyoku Plus" just around a year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.