Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, April 23, 2023

Gosanke Imagined: The Yonin Musume of My JET Days

 

Back on my wistful and whimsical imaginary Gosanke(御三家)series where I come up with my own trio of singers depending on my own times and experiences. Last week, my musings took me to the harmony-laden vocal groups of my past. Today though will be more about four (!) individual female singers that I remember fondly while I was on the JET Programme between 1989 and 1991. Now of course, I knew more than four female singers but these are the ones that hit my psyche the best during my time in Gunma Prefecture. 

Now, I was just going to go with Misato Watanabe(渡辺美里), Mariko Nagai(永井真理子)and Kahoru Kohiruimaki(小比類巻かほる)as would be the case for the typical trio of singers. But then, I recollect that I got to know Miki Imai(今井美樹)for the very first time while I was having tea in a stylish lodge-style café on the way home after a JET seminar, and I was absolutely smitten. So, you'll forgive me if I push the envelope a tad and extend beyond the usual Sannin Musume(三人娘)to Yonin Musume(四人娘).

Misato Watanabe -- Summertime Blues


Mariko Nagai -- Zutto


Kahoru Kohiruimaki -- Twilight Avenue (44:35)


Miki Imai -- Retour



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.