Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, April 28, 2023

Izumi Sara -- Heartbreak City(ハート・ブレイク・シティ)

 


I used to remember some of the girls in my junior high school coming to class wearing hot pants like the one that this young lady was wearing on the cover. Not that I stared...much.😎

Anyways, this song is coming down as one of the rarest of the rare. I couldn't find anything on Izumi Sara(沙羅いづみ)online outside of this one October 1980 single she released called "Spacy Love"(スペーシィ・ラブ), but for today I am covering the B-side, "Heartbreak City". Virtually the only thing that has been written about her is that she was a B-class aidoru although considering her lower vocals and the nature of the song, you'll forgive me if I don't see her that way.

"Heartbreak City" is indeed a City Pop tune written by Fumiko Okada(岡田富美子)and composed by Kunihiko Suzuki(鈴木邦彦). It's got that refined disco style with the strings and the boppy bass and once again after listening to this one a few times, I think Sara's vocals make me feel as if she were more of an urban siren rather than a cute aidoru.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.