Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, February 19, 2022

Dance for philosophy -- Double Standard(ダブル・スタンダード)

 

I've had Marcos V. and Joana kindly introduce me to the wonders of the aidoru group Dance for philosophy(フィロソフィーのダンス), and I even wrote my own article featuring them because of their fun rockabilly jazz tune "Dance or Dance" (ダンス・オア・ダンス).

But that's definitely not the genre on display here for Dance for philosophy's 3rd major single from August 2021, "Double Standard". There's some gorgeous Neo Disco action going on here that had my mind wandering back to some of Mondo Grosso's stuff from the early 2000s, and the music video appears to have the group going into action spy mode. With words by SHOW and music & arrangement by Yoji Noi(野井洋児), "Double Standard" also became the ending theme for a spinoff anime titled "Mahōka Kōkō no Yūtōsei"(魔法科高校の優等生...The Honor Student at Magic High School) which had its run between July and September 2021.


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Brian. Thanks for the information and I think that I read something similar on the group's J-Wiki article as well. I'm happy that they have been trying out the spectrum of genres.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.