Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, February 12, 2022

INSHOW-HA -- SWAP

 

Happy weekend! Was slip-sliding all over the pavement this morning to get a newspaper because we've started out at thaw-friendly temperatures although we are dropping back to freezing from this afternoon. I'm particularly sensitive at my age about potentially falling down and breaking my hip.👴

As for the thumbnail, I've chosen a video about what Impressionism is all about. I've never been a huge purveyor of art so aside from the fact that this particular movement was from the 19th century, that's pretty much all I know.

The reason that I've gone for Impressionism is that I'm doing my second article on the eclectic duo INSHOW-HA(印象派)which does mean The Impressionists. Back in August last year, I discovered MICA and miu with their track "le:mon"(檸檬)from their 2017 album "INSHOW-HA wa Kimi ni Toikakeru"(印象派は君に問いかける...INSHOW-HA Would Like To Ask You a Question).

Now, here is an even earlier song from their June 2013 first mini-album "Nietzsche", "SWAP". It's another catchy number by them and the video once more leaves quite an impression as MICA and miu pop up as nifty computer graphics supermodels doing the runway walk toward us. The techno side this time is a bit more muted aside from the ladies' modulated vocals, but no complaints about the arrangements, especially when the drum n' bass kick in at around 2:22.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.