Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, February 11, 2022

Hiromi Miyano -- Hitorigoto Serenade(ひとり言セレナーデ)

 

I wrote about 80s aidoru Hiromi Miyano(宮野比呂美)last summer when I introduced the B-side to her debut single "Yokohama Gigolo"(横浜ジゴロ), "Ame no Suspicion"(雨のサスピション)from July 1985. As I mentioned there, her recording career was brief, only lasting two singles. 

Once again, I bring you another B-side from her 1986 2nd single,"Ao no Toki"(蒼の時刻...Blue Time), "Hitorigoto Serenade" (Soliloquy Serenade). In comparison to the synthpop of "Ame no Suspicion", this B-side possesses more of the spicy and dramatic Latin flavour provided by Keiichi Oku(奥慶一)while Arisu Sato(佐藤ありす)is behind the lyrics. Also, I think Miyano here has given her delivery more of a flowing girlish wave, kinda like along the lines of Wink or an early-in-her-career higher-pitched Akina Nakamori(中森明菜), although Oku's melody brings to mind some of Akemi Ishii's(石井明美)material at the time. Come to think of it, compared to the heavily made-up visage that was on the cover of her first single, Miyano looks more natural here.

In the near future, I will have to get onto those A-sides for Miyano. 😀 Maybe she wasn't the strongest singer but the B-sides, especially "Hitorigoto Serenade", haven't been too bad for me. I'm not really certain whether this would constitute a City Pop-tinged aidoru tune, but with that Latin in there, I think it could merit some feeling of the metropolis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.