Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Miyako Otsuki -- Osaka Futarizure(大阪ふたりづれ)

 

2/22/22 at 22:22. Just about perfect for the phenomenon known as Twos Day today. Yep, within some minutes, we'll be reaching that exact time so I'm hoping that I'll be able to finish this article by 10:22 pm. It would have been even more perfect if today was actually February 22, 2222 at 22:22 but I'm not quite willing to wait another couple of centuries. And incidentally, I brought the above image in but I forgot the source so I do apologize if the owner does see it. Let me know if you'd like me to take it down or at least have me acknowledge the originating website.

Well, I was thinking about how I would commemorate Twos Day tonight and so I thought about kayo involving the word two in the title. I quickly figured that a lot of such kayo would involved romance with the protagonists being a couple, and sure enough, I did find one via Miyako Otsuki's(大月みやこ)"Osaka Futarizure" (Osaka Party of Two) which was released as the enka veteran's 60th single in December 1982.

"Osaka Futarizure" is quite the gallant and peaceful enka as the titular couple in love stroll somewhere in downtown Osaka under an umbrella. Of course, sharing an umbrella in Japan has that huge connotation of romance blossoming. With Mizuho Ashihara(芦原みづほ)providing lyrics and Yukihiko Ito(伊藤雪彦)as the composer, it's buoyed by Otsuki's strong yet silky vocals and that Latin guitar.


1 comment:

  1. Morning, Brian. Yeah, looks like I was able to get it in on time.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.