Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, February 28, 2022

Masami Suzuki -- You're Mine

 

Apologies...this awkward photo above is that of a shot through a window at the top of the Shiodome City Centre in between the neighbourhoods of Shimbashi and Ginza. I don't think that I've visited the facility in my two visits to Japan in the last decade so, it has been over ten years. I'll have to make it a point to take another look the next time I'm in town.

This is quite the snazzy pop tune (that synthesizer used there had me waxing nostalgic) with hints of the urban contemporary by stage actress, singer and seiyuu Masami Suzuki(鈴木真仁). "You're Mine" is from her 4th and final album to date "Futsuu."(ふつう。...So-So.) from July 1999. And it looks like she wasn't the only Suzuki involved in the making of this dynamic song since according to the JASRAC database, Kayo Suzuki(鈴木佳蓉)provided the lyrics while Hiroyuki Suzuki(鈴木啓之)took care of the melody (Suzuki is a very common family name in Japan so it's likely that none of them are related).

Along with her four albums, Suzuki released four singles between 1995 and 1997. I don't recall ever seeing her name in any of the anime that I've seen but she did play the title character in "Akazukin Chacha"(赤ずきんチャチャ...Red Riding Hood Chacha) from 1994. The title does ring a bell, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.